Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Most "supportive" boots
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
I'm in the market for another pair of boots. Pain in the balls of my feet has been a serious issue for me. I've literally tried everything to solve the pain and had no luck.

When I say supportive, I don't mean the footbeds. Those will be replaced with custom orthotics. I'm talking about the liner in regards to heel padding to prevent lift and overall quality of the padding inside. Preferably standard lacing as well. I haven't had much luck with boas and the salomon fast laces. I have a relatively wide foot.

I understand that I will need to try them on. It's just that there are so many out there nowadays and I need to start somewhere.....
I used to have tremendous heel lift issue due to my ankles being very very skinny, causing me pain in the ball of my foot, on the top of my foot and on my shin (from overtightening). I tried Burton, 32, K2, Ride, DCShoes, Vans, Salomon,... and the best by far are Nitro brand boots... Nitro teams or Select. If you look at the liner of a Nitro boot, just above the ankle on the back of the liner are two large "nubs" that stick out... these are meant to fill the space between you heel and your ankle bones. Burton has J-bars... they may work for some people, but having it built in to the liner is far better (because you can add J-bar to that as well).

Good luck.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote