Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My second season and I'm back!! Question on toeside turns
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
fayewolf

Default My second season and I'm back!! Question on toeside turns

Hey guys, I'm back for 2nd season, first of all, I was scared to death that I wont remember a thing from snowboarding, but Vicky (another forum member here) reassure me that I will. went last week for the first time this season and I was back to normal after one run.
I still hate getting off lift.

So, some of the issues I had from last seasons till remained , and I'm determined to get them fixed,

1. I noticed that when I'm in my toe side, turning to heel side, it goes really fast, and before I know it, I'm already on the other side of the slope and have to turn back to toeside or else I'll hit the trees on the side. I ended up skidding my turns alot and have to side slip to slow down in order to be confident enough to initiate another toeside turn.
This does not happening the heel to toeside turn, everything's pretty smooth. It's almost like my turn from toe to heel is too quick and my turn is overshoot upon completion,
Now this is all on gentler terrains

On steeper terrains, my issue is

2. I freak out to imitate the toe side turn. I know I'm on the back seat, but I cannot for the life of me to lean down the slope because I'm afraid of gaining speed. What can I do to overcome this fear? Sometimes when I do have the courage to do so,I out weight on my front leg while keeping my rear leg heel edge dig in, the boards starts turning and it turns beautifully, but that's when I'm possessed and not freaked out.
What can I do to gain more confidence?

Thanks!!
fayewolf is offline   Reply With Quote