Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Maximum Amount of Spin On a Kicker
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
xxfinnellxx

I've juiced a 9 out of a 35' deck with a poppy lip.

Its more about how the lip is than anything else. Table length honestly speaks nothing to me compared to how the lip of the jump actually feel under my pop.

best way to get super comfortable and quick at spinning is to spin hard/clean off all the proper side hits you can find. 180/ 270 rolling transitions, and 450/540 off poppy hits if you can. No Pre spinning, and no kung-fu kicks allowed. Focus to make them clean as possible and feel your edges work and your body joints. It will make sure that you are really solid on edge and with the varying shape between different hits, it will make you solid in finding the right sweet spot out of your balance through many situations. Bring it to park jumps where lips are clean and consistant and just visualize how you bring your self around 180 at a time.

I could barely front 3 a 20'+ park jump, seriously just by the skin of my teeth I could. 3 days within this season and practicing my edges and rotations with side hits and rollers, specifically with frontside and switch backside...I popped a front 3 first try off the same jump that I referance as the "20'+ park jump", best one of my life so far...then front 5 it next try better than I front 3'd it.

I'm gonna dial the 5's, get them to 7's and a front cork 5 within my next several visits to that same park. Which will line me up evenly with my backside and cab spinning talent. Switch backside is still in the deep works.

2011 edit thingy. Peep it, there are backflips. http://vimeo.com/28588117

Last edited by xxfinnellxx; 12-22-2011 at 06:35 AM.
xxfinnellxx is offline   Reply With Quote