Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - SLC Trip (Some Advice Needed)
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
neednsnow
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdsnowman View Post
I just didnt like snowbasin. To me that was a commercial skiers paradise. We even got looked at funny in the bar because we didnt dress like skiers Ohhh yea if your gonna eat there you better be rich. burger and fries and drink were like 16 bucks literally...

But I really like powder mountain....
I dunno, Carm! Yeah, you definitely need to pack your grub and beers for Snowbasin, but the Strawberry side of the mountain offers some great runs, where stashes can be found for weeks. The nice thing about a commercial "resort" is that the Powder Hounds are too snobby for it (because it is so "high class") and stick with places like PowMo, and the real ski snob tourists stay on the groomers. That means there is a ton of powder to be found. Plus, the gondola on the Strawberry side may be the most beautiful lift ride I've ever experienced! Nevermind the exquisite outhouse!

Powder Mountain is great...but the fact that they tout so much terrain, but more than half of it is accessible by cat only...for an added fee? That turned me off real fast!