Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Never Summer SL...not as fun as my Slayblade
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
GeoFX

Default 2012 Never Summer SL...not as fun as my Slayblade

Well, I had my first riding experience with my 2012 Never Summer SL 155 at Mt. Charleston (Las Vegas) the past couple days. My old board for comparison is a 2009 K2 Slayblade with their Flatline tech (zero camber). I'm 5'7", 165lbs, with size 7.5 boots. Anyway, I had pretty high hopes for it considering the accolades on the site in addition to it being my first exposure to the RC tech. Compared to the Slayblade, I found it to be a lot more squirelly flat-basing (which I expected) and a little harder to turn (which I didn't considering the RC tech). Granted, I was coming from a 153 to 155 size so the bigger size could've accounted for the turning issues but it shouldn't make that much of a difference. Snow conditions were packed powder and I was mainly riding on the groomers and doing tree runs(slow-speed, tight-turns).

I was definitely missing the flat-base stability of the Slayblade. It seemed like the SL wanted to be on edge constantly. Turn initiation also seemed easier with the Slayblade as well. The damping of the SL was also noticeably less than that of the Slayblade (guess the Harshmellow really does make a differnce!).

Just posing a question to other board members whether a couple days of riding is enough to make a fair judgement on the SL and the RC tech? Anyone else compared a zero camber board with the NS RC board and had a similar experience?
GeoFX is offline   Reply With Quote