Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help on toeside turns?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 03:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
charmiander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
When you are riding on your toeside edge, rest your shins on the tongues of your boots. Make sure you are not bending at the waist and leaning over to ride toeside. Many people do this and it totally throws your balance off. push the shins into those tongues and move your hips forward and arch your back a little bit. This will weight your toes and lift your heels.
When I rest my shins on the tongues of my boots and I bend my knees, my heels lift inside my boots no matter how hard I crank down on my boa - is this what they call "heel lift," and how can I fix this problem? Of course, as I had discovered, my heels don't lift as much with more hip movement and back arches, but the problem is still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Remember to "unturn" once a new rider figures out how to turn, they stay in the turn too long and turn uphill then spin a flat 360 to a fall. As the nose of the board points across the fall line coming out of a turn, relax the front foot so the board stops turning and instead traverses.
I have that problem too although it only involves full J turns (without the 360 spin + fall), whether it's toe or heel-side turn. =/ I can't really stop my turns from turning into J's - would you say that as you start a turn, you immediately relax the front foot...??

And ditto aloutris, your videos on YouTube have helped immensely, thanks so much!
charmiander is offline   Reply With Quote