Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Never Summer SL...not as fun as my Slayblade
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoFX View Post
Heh...I knew I was gonna catch some flak from the people around here for daring to say anything negative about a Never Summer. In all honesty, I just felt that the Slayblade does outperform the SL in turning and stability given my first couple of days on the SL, which to me equals more fun for my riding style.

I won't question the superb build quality of the SL, however, as I ran over some tree roots that were sticking out and rocks with no noticeable scratches in the base at all.
I didn't end up riding the Slayblade (have ridden the Parkstar and Fastplant and an last two Jibpan models). I didn't find the harshmellow in the 2009 Jibpan as damp as the SL myself. I can understand the squirreliness flat-basing the SL coming off the lift as that's how rocker boards ride (the 1st gen BTX were way worse), I never found it an issue with both feet strapped in and at speed though. I never found the 2009 or the 2012 SL to be difficult to initiate a turn though (and I'm lighter than you) ... maybe the shorter Slayblade was torsionally softer (requires less input to initiate the turn).

Seriously though, I happen to like NS boards and know they are top-quality boards... but their aren't made of rainbows and cocaine that will instantly make you an amazing pro rider (and it is totally possible that the board is not what you like). I read too many un-objective reviews from people that just over-hype Never Summer boards... pretty much every board review here is way over the top to "arouse excitement" in the luddites.

Don't come here to try to rationalize what you feel... just ride it more, ... and if you still don't like it... try a different board (after selling me yours for half off).
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote