Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help on toeside turns?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 04:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmiander View Post
When I rest my shins on the tongues of my boots and I bend my knees, my heels lift inside my boots no matter how hard I crank down on my boa - is this what they call "heel lift," and how can I fix this problem?
Yes that is heel-lift and the real solution is buying new boots that fit you feet better. I have personally found Nitro boot work well... but you need to try it first. My wife tried Burton Sapphire boots and those solved her heel lift problems.

If you don't have the cash for new boots... go to a snowboard/ski shop that does bootfitting (helm of sun valley in san mateo does it... not sure about places in SF) and have them add a C-pad or butterfly wrap around the ankle area of your liner. That will help fill in the space above your heel and below your ankle to help keep the heel from lifting. Should cost like $10... you van go to tognar.com and buy the stuff yourself, but it takes a little bit of knowledge to put them on the liner in the correction spot (i could walk you through it though... There might be a YouTube video on It but I cant search for it right now)

Last edited by lonerider; 12-23-2011 at 04:15 AM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote