Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help on toeside turns?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Bayoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmiander View Post
When I rest my shins on the tongues of my boots and I bend my knees, my heels lift inside my boots no matter how hard I crank down on my boa - is this what they call "heel lift," and how can I fix this problem? Of course, as I had discovered, my heels don't lift as much with more hip movement and back arches, but the problem is still there.

I have that problem too although it only involves full J turns (without the 360 spin + fall), whether it's toe or heel-side turn. =/ I can't really stop my turns from turning into J's - would you say that as you start a turn, you immediately relax the front foot...??

And ditto aloutris, your videos on YouTube have helped immensely, thanks so much!
Ya those inserts for the liners at the fitting shops work wonders for heel lift. The glue from them tends to come loose after a lot of use though from all the sweat of your feet which is the downside.

As for your turns, yes, if you're wanting to make smooth snakelike carving motions instead of a circular turn you don't need much front foot pressure to get the carve intiated. As long as you keep toe/heel pressure on your front foot your board will continue to go in that direction until you let off.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote