Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Colorado 10 dayer loveland, steamboat, breck
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 06:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

You should be hitting Taos, Wolf Creek, Silverton, and Purgatory. Terrain is pretty limited at the resort you are going too. I believe 25% open is about the most at any of those. Steamboat might have a bit more. So I doubt you'll be doing any chutes, you might find some tree runs with just enough coverage, but snow snakes are going to be just under the snow waiting to strike. Breck's park is reportedly great, so you'll have fun there. Just don't break yourself, some of that stuff you'll want your big boy pants and health insurance up to date for.

As far as Steamboat goes, the Tug Boat is a legendary ski bar. Has everything you are looking for, it'll be popular. The other lively one should be Slopeside. Both are located on the Northerly side of the base area. I believe the Tugboat is by the Christy lift.

It's a bummer man, last season, you would have had epic conditions, while the Southern areas I mentioned had dick. Even though it's a La Nina season, everything has flip flopped. You should still have fun, but terrain is going to be limited.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote