Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Custom X Riding Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdthomas2 View Post
I own 3 boards from burton (I know...that is my first mistake, but I like them). 09' Twin (Camber), 11' Sherlock (Flying V), and 12' Custom X (Camber). I can ride my twin in all conditions at moderate speeds 35-40 mph. I purchased my sherlock at the end of last season and felt it was very unstable. I would often wash out on heel edge. So, this year I purchased a custom x. The reviews say this board is very stable at high speeds. I just left Winter Park and fell on my heel edge similar to the Sherlock. I fell more today than I fell in the past two season combined on the twin.

The only thing I can think of is my set as a possible cause. I have been setting the directional boards as twins. I like to ride switch. Could that be the reason?

Dose anyone have any similar situation or advice. Cause my damn body hurts. HELP!!!!!
When you fall are your catching your edge... or does it feel like the edge imply slides out from under you at a certain point... it could be boot/heelcup overhang (although it is rare). How much can you board tilt up on it's heeledge before the heelcup (or strapped in boot) touches the floor?
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote