Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vail valley crew
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

EZL, I actually hit Vail Pass up on a fairly regular basis, above the black lakes on the sled side. It's a pretty good area to take out someone new to bc game actually. The terrain is small cliffs, and pillows, with decent tree runs down lower. The only drawback is that it's a fairly long day. 2 miles in, 2 miles out, but I never have a bad time back there either. I don't have much personal experience with the East Vail Chutes area, except scoping it out from the ski area and from Vail Pass. Looks real nice with plenty of dangers. I have a lot of friends who hit it and all say it's the real deal, and I believe them.

Berthoud Pass is another spot I frequent quite a bit. Probably more than anywhere. It also happens to be world class with tons of different terrain. It's popular for a reason, but there is plenty of terrain to go around too.

The thing that sucks atm, is that the snow just isn't there. Once it start flying I'll be hitting those spots asap.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote