Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Looking for a second board

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  luckboxing 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to add a second board to my quiver. I currently have an Arbor Draft that works great for park days, but I'm looking for something that will excel in powder and groomers.

I'm 5'7", 145lbs, so I should be on a 150-155. The boards I'm currently looking at are:

Yes Pick Your Line
Burton Barracuda (don't really want to get a set of burton bindings though)
Nidecker Megalight (having a hard time justifying the cost)

I will most likely be pairing the board with a set of ride alpha movements

I'm up for suggestions on other boards as well. Thanks!

#4 ·
The Good Ride is a load of crap.

I'm 145lbs and rode the 157, only board I have felt more comfortable at speed on as of yet is the Ride Highlife UL.

Its full rocker so it'll float like crazy.

The inserts aren't set back as in they are still centered on the sidecut, but the nose is longer than the tail.

So this board will excel at what you are aiming for, or are you really looking for a full on freeride board?

#5 ·
I'm looking for something between a full on freeride board and an all mountain board. I want better powder performance than a normal all mountain board, but better groomer behavior than a freeride. The coda looks good, but it seems more of a jack of all trades board compared to the Yes PYL. I have the draft for jumps and park, so I would prefer to get something a little more specialized.

I've heard good things about never summer, anything in their lineup that would suit my needs?

#6 ·
The Never Summer Premier F1 looks good too. I'm ruling out the Nidecker purely because it's so much more expensive than the competition. I also ruled out the barracuda because I don't want to be forced to get new bindings.

I'm looking at these boards now:

Yes Pick Your Line
Never Summer Premier F1
Arbor Coda

#12 ·
What size did you end up going with? I picked up a 161 Pick Your Line in the spring, but lost a decent bit of weight over the summer, now I'm down to your weight and wondering if the board is too big for me.

I'm only planning on riding it when we get a decent bit of snow up here in Whistler, have a Never Summer Legacy for the rest of the days (planning on switching that board though).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.