Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Custom X Riding Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdthomas2 View Post
So last night I went to sleep but all I could think about is how many times I washed out. This morning I began comparing my twin (cartel binding non-channel system) and custom x (cartel with channel system). I use the cartel binding with channel system on both the custom x and sherlock. On this binding, it overhangs my board on heel edge about 1/8 inch. On the twin binding, it is about 1/4 inch away from the edge of the board. Could this cause my issue?

Dreampow- I will try to get a vid today of my riding. Be honest, if I completely suck, let me know. I am not soft nor do I have an ego. I just want to be the best I can be.

Lonerider- I am not catching an edge. While on my heel edge, I would hit a patch of ice and instantly fall. At times it felt like I was on a box/rail. It also seem like I have plenty of lean before the boot touches the floor.

Snowolf- The conditions were not the best. 8-15 degrees and mountain full of skiers (mougals everywhere, BOOOOOO). I did notice a lot of skiers/boarders also washing out. But I assumed this was because they were the holiday types, and only go for holiday season. I figured, I should be better. Also, I went with a friend who was on his normal board and not washing out like me.
I didn't think you were catching your edge, but I just wanted to make sure. I was thinking that maybe your boot or heelcup on the back is touching the snow... if that happens, it will unweight the board edge and it will feel like you suddenly losing ALL grip on your edge (as if sliding off your edge on a box or a rail).

Another possibility is that you riding are straight-legged and stiff and leaning back on your heelside... if you hit a bump on icy snow like that... you will again unweight the board edge and you will lose traction and slip out onto your butt.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote