Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: Lib Tech T. Rice 161.5
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
sidewall

Default Review: Lib Tech T. Rice 161.5

Me- 34 years old, 6 ft tall, 170 lbs., been riding since 1990. Grew up watching Terje and Craig Kelly, so appreciate all around riding and the ability to make nice turns.

I had a Jones Flagship last season and magne-traction was so good on ice, I was positive I wanted a new board with it.

Also having ridden camber my whole life, I was seriously worried about C2BTX's ability to carve a nice arc through the snow but many people assured me it was fine.

First day out was A-Basin and as I skated to strap in, I was surprised at how normal it felt. No looseness or instability. I made about 5 turns to the next lift and same thing, everything felt normal.

I spent the rest of the day acclimating to it and for the most part, it rides like a cambered board. Probably about 85-90% similar. You can change direction quicker in tight spots due to the banana but can also arc nice clean turns.

The other thing is the speed, the board absolutely flies! Another review I'd read mentioned the term "runaway speed" and that's what it's like. I've owned a T6 and this board is just as fast and stable.

As I said, Magne-Traction is something I want to have on all my boards from now on, you can ride with so much more confidence and not worry if you see a sheet of ice.

Overall I rode it 7 days at A-Basin, Vail and Copper. Last day was at Copper and it held up awesome freeriding all day. The only thing I would change is a slight increase in dampness when pounding through chewed up powder.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
sidewall is offline   Reply With Quote