Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Handrails and Kinked Rails?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
CheoSamad
Veteran Member

Default Handrails and Kinked Rails?

Hey guys.
I was lapping the park at my local hill today just cruising and hitting the boxes and small rails.
I decided I wanted to start trying the handrail style features in my local park (no big ones set up yet just some small ones)
It took a few tries but I was finally able to get onto the rail and slide the entire thing.
I still feel like its very sketchy and I have a lot of work to do.
Do you guys have any tips for jumping on to handrail style features from the side other than come in at an angle.
As my hill sets up more features I wanna start to try the bigger rails once they have them.

Also today I kept getting sketched out while trying to get on to the Ollie on kink rail. Its not a huge rail but its a pretty decent sized down flat rail. Is there anything particularly different I need to do or should I just go for it? I was able to do smaller kink features last year and even the bigger ones that were Ollie on but those were boxes. I think its just the fact that its a legit rail that has me faked out. I keep thinking I'm gonna be off center on the kink and its gonna either flip me off backwards or slam me on my stomach.

CheoSamad is offline   Reply With Quote