Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Used Board, Is it good?

10K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  WasatchMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I went boarding last weekend and I absolutely fell in love with it, I went and bought some really nice boots, goggles and outerwear and I was just going to rent my board until I had enough to get a quality board. I was talking to my best friend and told him i'm gonna start getting into boarding and he told me his dad had a couple boards for sale and wanted to know if I wanted em. I'm pretty much family so they gave me the board for $60, with Dakine bindings. I know the bindings are quality, they're plastic, but they're not bad at all.
This board was his older brother's who had passed away years ago, they had a veryyy nice Forum board with some great Burton bindings, but he wasn't ready to get rid of it yet so I wasn't about to take that board. He told me he had another board that was his brother's starter board and I was wondering if it was a good starter board.

It's a 163 length Body Glove board. The only other details about it is that it says Carbon Team on the front and the graphic has flames and fades to black. It's probably an '05 - '07 as it was his starter board and the Forum board was an '08 model.
It's a steal at $60 i'm sure of that, especially with those bindings, but I was looking for your guys' opinions on whether or not Body Glove is a reputable brand.

and on a side note, how should I go about waxing it? :dunno:

Thanks for reading and I'm sure i'll soon become a regular on these forums. I've been reading for a while and everybody seems great.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.