Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #637 (permalink)
EC99SS

Hi
I've read many of your posts and appreciate the advice you always give. Admittedly I'm new to the Bataleon line, however really stoked on the tech and board profiles. I'm hoping you can lend some of your advice on which deck to check out.

I currently rock a RIDE DH2.5 (156)(similar twin hybrid profile as their 2012 DH2). It's a stiff board that is very stable and forgiving. In my quiver is also a NeverSummer SL (155). I have since mainly used the Ride at the end of last season and beginning of this season. I love both decks.

I ride all mountain mainly on groomers, trees, and steeps. I like to ride at speed and will hit natural jumps where I can. I don't really venture into the parks other than to hit some jumps here and there (not monster ones). I'm not into jibbing or rails (honestly because I stink at those...haha). My riding is mostly So*Cal so hard packed, some freshies etc. I do hit good POW every so often in Colorado or SLC each season (but not often).

I'm looking for a deck that is stable at speed (ie especially on groomers with chop and crud) HOWEVER forgiving. I'm worried about too soft of decks as they tend to chatter a lot. I also don't like the very surfy or squirly feeling as I couldn't get quite used to it. I had a Skate banana from libtech at 152 and couldn't get used to it at fast speeds.

Should I perhaps look at the Jam or Omni? What is the main difference on how those two ride?

I'm open ears for any suggestions.

I'm also 5'7" and 165-170lbs. I use a 9 or 9.5 boot (depending on mfg).
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote