Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Handrails and Kinked Rails?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
CheoSamad
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfinnellxx View Post
If you skated in your earlier days or still do, then that will help out a hell of a lot. And dont be a gaper and come into the rail with an angle and expect your board to magically get atop of the damn thing. no matter what (unless you really know what you're doing) stay completely parallel to the rail with a margin no greater than a foot and a half away from it. Your going to do an ollie that will not only get you elevated, but will bunny hop you towards the rail.

In the end street style featrues are the ultimate test to your ollie, kinks are really just a mind game and secondly test how well you can lock on to a rail. The more attempts you put into it the more comfortable you will become. Then you can look at all the street style features in the park and feel comfortable hitting any of them.
I am getting over the kinked rail sketching me out. Once I'm on it its easy.
As for the street style rail I realize that I am coming at it at a slight angle but nothing insane. I feel like I can lock onto it pretty good and want to start trying some front boards or front lips on it (I hate backside rail tricks) I will be getting a lot of practice in over the next few days.

CheoSamad is offline   Reply With Quote