Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #664 (permalink)
axehandle44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanny View Post
strong 1st post. Is there anything negative you would like to say about the board?
Only negative for me is the inability to move the stance back a bit more for the deep stuff, but it's a twin so I knew limitation before buying it. I'm trust the RC will perform in powder, I'd like to have the option to push it back a bit more for those snorkle-deep days. It could be that I'm still hanging on to the notions given to me by camber boards.

I should comment on the torsional flex. Those that don't twist their board torsion-ally much may find it a bit squirrely, especially if you're coming from a stiff setup.

I continue to hear the word "playful" used in regards to the ProtoCT, I agree with this assessment with one caveat. It's playful in the sense that you aren't limited or conformed by the boards rigidity, but it's no park noodle. It'll take whatever you throw at it, but if you're coming from a stiffer board you might have an adjustment period as you learn how to fine tune your riding to suit the board's strength.

If you're someone who likes to point your Heritage or CustomX or (insert stiffer big mountain board) and plow through everything in your path, you may not like this board first time out.

My $.02
axehandle44 is offline   Reply With Quote