Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for opinions on my second choice vacation picks! Lutsen, MN?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Default Looking for opinions on my second choice vacation picks! Lutsen, MN?

Hey everyone, thanks for looking in.

I was toying with the idea of shredding my credit report once & for all and taking my mid Jan. vacation out west somewhere. (Snowbird, Breckenridge, Big Bear, CA. etc.) This will b my first full season on a snowboard and I really wanted to go somewhere that would put a couple of feet of "Fresh" snow under the board. Unfortunately, I really don't think my finances will allow it. (...maybe next season!)

My second choice was to head up to the Boyne/Nubs area for a 3-4 day weekend and then I'm thinking that maybe I could drive north from there and hit another hill/resort for 2-4 days.

I have checked the web for places like Blackjack, Marquette, Iron Mountain, (MT Bohemia looks REALLY cool, but it sounds like it's way beyond my skill & ability!) and Lutsen MN. Lutsen looks promising, at least if you can trust their web site! Of course that's a real haul, even from the Gaylord area. and then theres the lo-o-o-ng assed drive home to the Metro D area after!

I was wondering if anyone here had any first hand experience to share with any of these resorts? Especially Lutsen! Would it be worth the drive? Or should I save the time and gas money and stick to something in the UP?

TIA
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote