Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for opinions on my second choice vacation picks! Lutsen, MN?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nefarious
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I went on a 3 day trip to Lusten last winter, and I leave in 7 days for another one.

I may be a bad point of reference, as Lutsen is by far the largest place I've been to. That being said, I really enjoyed my time there. If you're there to ride and you're not too picky, you'll have a blast. They have a nice variety of runs and mountains. You can take the tram up to the top of Moose mountain and get some lunch, then board back over. The views are incredible looking out over Lake Superior.

I recommend you doing Ski in-Ski out, as it really makes it more enjoyable. I've stayed at Eagle Ridge and will be staying at Caribou Highlands next weekend for Snowball. Papa Charlie's is a great place to stop in for a beer, as is Moguls. They're typical lodge pricing, but it doesn't discredit them any.

I may not have sold it as well as I should, so ask any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer.