Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Custom X Riding Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
SJ10

I have a CX wide 164 and usually wear a 11-12 boot. I think the problem may be a little bit board and a little bit rider. The Cx has a very unique turn initiation which I haven't encountered with any of my other boards (in 20+ seasons). When I first got the board I was over applying the edges like crazy. I think the lightning bolts and torsional stiffness make it easy to over pressure and wash out. I've found it best to finesse my way into a turn. At a certain point I can lock in and power out a carve but like I said, it requires more of a special touch.

With a standard width board and your foot size you may have compounded the problem with additional leverage. Also, going from a wide to a regular width will cause you to instinctively over apply. I notice this when I go from my wider freeride boards to the CX.

I'd ride just the CX for a couple of days and maybe see if you can find a wide version to try at some point. I wouldn't give up on it yet because I really belive it's one of the best all mtn. boards out there. It does however require a unique balance between finesse and aggressiveness.

Last edited by SJ10; 12-28-2011 at 08:13 PM.
SJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote