Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Custom X Riding Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
yojik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ10 View Post
I think the problem may be a little bit board and a little bit rider. The Cx has a very unique turn initiation which I haven't encountered with any of my other boards (in 20+ seasons).

I'd ride just the CX for a couple of days and maybe see if you can find a wide version to try at some point. I wouldn't give up on it yet because I really belive it's one of the best all mtn. boards out there. It does however require a unique balance between finesse and aggressiveness.
This. It's a very unique board and a monster when you dial it in, but until then, don't be upset that things aren't working out. The OP needs more time on it and a real understanding of every fundamental in turn initiation and fluid dynamic motion.

I'd also like to say that you can't get away with anything sloppy or lazy on the deck. It's very unforgiving but very fun when you get after it.

Perhaps the OP is not really pushing it at the right part of the turn in order to lock in the edge...It transitions very quick and requires very good core / lower body strength to properly work it.

+1 on the mix of finesse/ aggressiveness. It will make the OP a better rider if he sticks with it, no doubt.
yojik is offline   Reply With Quote