Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #669 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecy0 View Post
As a relatively new snowboarder who has no near-term plans to hit the park, should I go with the Proto CT or the SL? I really want a board that will last me for a long, long time and allow me to progress my overall skills.

I'm 5'11" and around 190 lbs. I'm thinking if I go with the Proto the 157 will be a good fit.
I had the 2008 SL 155, 2009 SL 155(first season with reverse camber tech) and have demoed the 2012 Proto CT 154 and SL 153 and 155. I'm 5'9" 160 lbs (darn holiday food).

Even though I decided to go with the 2012 Proto CT to replace my 2009 SL, I would recommend the SL 158 for you because it is more damp (absorbs vibration and chop better) and still is going to be good in the park for basic jumps and boxes, it might be a bit harder to press it, but really if you know how to press a snowboard, you can do it with the SL, if you don't well you still won't really be able to press the Proto CT either.

Honestly, if you don't plan on going to the park... might want to look at the Heritage as well. Owning/loving a Never Summer Proto CT has become the latest of many internet trends ("It's what the cool kids ride!"). It's a great board, but it isn't the only good board out there.

Last edited by lonerider; 12-29-2011 at 03:29 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote