Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Arbor Westmark 150
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #37 (permalink)
jliu

Hey cheeseforsteeze great review! Im just going to piggy back some of my comments on your thread b/c i dont think my "review" warrants a new thread.

I'm a 125lbs feather weight and a progressing beginner (close to intermediate freeride and a nub in the "park"). I just took out my 153 10/11 Westmark (same board...older graphic) on the local hill. All I can say is, when I was cruising I forgot I was on a reverse cambered "park deck". The thing can definitely rip. Coming from an older 151 cambered custom...I was afraid of loosing that spring that cambered decks provide when railing carves...but honestly...didnt really miss it much after a couple of runs

At the beginning it was a bit sketchy when skating between lifts and flat basing. However, need to keep in mind that this was the first run of the season for me so the first 2 runs i was trying to get my legs back. Once I got my legs/balance back and my body didn't fight itself on every turn, it was a very fun ride. I was too light/weak to flex my old custom to ollie...but with the reverse camber 'preloading' the flex for me coupled with the pop of this deck...i was able to boost off small little push mounds and rollers. I still couldn't butter it (cause I suck)...so Im gonna try and work on that this season. My only regret was that I got a 53 and not a 50 . I wonder if I should try and switch it for a 50...think that would help me to butter...? Or should i just get some skillz? haha :P

Overall...Arbor's got this reverse camber/side cut profile down! Griptech works in real life (echoing BA and Nivek).

Last edited by jliu; 12-30-2011 at 09:47 AM.
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote