Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - possible torn meniscus?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
j.gnar
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton714 View Post
Not sure why it took you so long to decide to heed the advice to see a doctor but I also don't understand what could be causing you to think it is a torn ligament. You would know if you tore a knee ligament. It sucks. And knees are not 10% as bad as shoulders. I had my shoulder reconstructed at 28 and it took 18 months of rehab to be able to lift my arm above my head.

Why so bad?

Because I tore my labrum playing baseball in college and ignored it. For seven years. So everything got effed up royally for seven years and had to be rebuilt. Had I gone to the doctor then, recovery from the arthroscopic repair would have been 3-4 months.
because aside from pain when i touch it, its completely fine...and because in most knee injury cases, all you need is rest and down time to recover...which is exactly what i did. theres absolutely no sense in me forking out money to see a doctor if i can do everything i would normally do. ive broken more than my fair share of bones and had just about every strain/sprain/bruise out there, i just came on here to see if anyone had some similar experiences to share

Last edited by j.gnar; 01-03-2012 at 12:08 PM.
j.gnar is offline   Reply With Quote