Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 12:35 AM   #689 (permalink)
onefutui2e

sorry about another "is this board or this board good for me" question, but i rode an arbor westmark 156 last year, and i love it but it tends to squirrel and get choppy in certain conditions, it feels a little slow to pick up speed, and some of my landings off jumps come out a little loopy (like i have to pay extra attention to how i take off).

i'm deciding between the evo and the proto and likely will be debating this for a few more weeks before choosing (hopefully neither sells out). i'm by no means a park rat; my friends and i tend to just stop over there on our way down and don't spend our entire day unstrapping and walking back up, but we do enjoy aggressively riding through everything taking hits off the sides of trails, executing sharp turns, or buttering our way down when we feel like being playful. which board would generally suit me better? i don't mind working a bit harder on the mountain if it means i can have a lot more fun doing it, but i guess it depends what kind of trade-off it is.

i rode my friend's proto 154, though it was for a very short run; it felt similar in most ways. a few things i noticed were that i could gain speed more quickly, turn initiation was easier though it might've been due to the slightly smaller size, and it felt more stable at high speeds and going through chop. i felt ollies would a bit easier as well.

i'm willing to work a little harder going down the mountain if it means i can potentially have more fun doing so. call me crazy but i sometimes actually enjoy the chatter and noise that comes with my board; it's more unsettling if i have a super smooth ride. i guess it's the sports car mentality?
onefutui2e is offline   Reply With Quote