Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Arbor Westmark 150
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 01:40 AM   #39 (permalink)
jliu

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
If I were you I would have got the 150. I weigh the same as you, and have a 151 Burton Custom (and a 149 Bataleon Evil Twin). With lightweights like us, length is good a tradeoff though... we can get a board slightly longer than what the board manufacturer recommends, and then we can rip more of the mountain with it. The tradeoff is flex though. The longer board is going to be stiffer because it accommodates a heavier rider.

For example, I had a 153 Never Summer Evo and it was slightly more toward all mountain deck due to the length. It was great!
Yea no doubt...for one...it was the only one in stock at end of season clearance

2...at the end of the day im still a freerider (that has dreams of incorporating freestyle elements into his riding) so keeping the board on the side of all mountain is fine by me. But yea...maybe I'll spring for a used <150 length noodle just to play around with when im bored.
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote