Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Arbor Westmark 150
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 02:00 AM   #40 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliu View Post
I'm a 125lbs feather weight and a progressing beginner (close to intermediate freeride and a nub in the "park"). I just took out my 153 10/11 Westmark (same board...older graphic) on the local hill. My only regret was that I got a 53 and not a 50 . I wonder if I should try and switch it for a 50...think that would help me to butter...? Or should i just get some skillz? haha :P
No, sizing down will not help you butter. Learning how to butter will help you butter (edited per jdang correction)

If you know what you are doing, it doesn't matter what length board you are riding.
If you are bad, you are going to be bad no matter how short a board you get. The board you have is almost ideal - don't delude yourself that skill is one credit card purchase away!

Trust me... no board is going to let you ride like this:

You probably immediately though "what board is that guy riding?" and missed the complete point of my post... sigh. I'll force you to search to find out... but it is stiffer than the Westmark... directional, TRADITIONAL camber board... from 2008.

Last edited by lonerider; 12-31-2011 at 02:34 AM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote