OK here's what's up...
Cannonsburg only has one chairlift and one rope tow (probably the bunny hill/beginner slope) operating today, but have already received 2" of snow today and forecast a total off 5-8" by tomorrow. The park looks legit from what I can see on the webcam, but it will probably be very even though they might open another chair tomorrow. I am a bit worried about driving into/through a winter storm that's supposed to drop 8-15" on the west side of the state over the next 48 hours, it could make a long day of driving even longer and less fun. As much as I want to hit C-burg it is probably not the best idea. All the locals are supposed to get around 1-2" of snow. Not much, but better than nothing and should help the groomers a bit.
- Mt. Holly is almost 90% open and has a few features in the terrain park but some of them were kinda sketchy.
- Brighton is only about 40% open but my sources tell me they had 4 boxes, a jump and a barrel bonk set up yesterday. For what it's worth lift tix there are $30 instead of $39 at MTH or PK.
- Alpine is only like 40% open and I don't think they have any park open yet.
- I'm really not going to waste my time/money at PK until they get more snow and do a better job maintaining that park. only one box last time I was there and it's poorly maintained and crowded as hell.
With high wind from the Northwest in the forecast, Brighton and PK will be miserable due to their slope aspects, but Mt. Holly which is all Northeast facing slopes will probably be the least miserable.