Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

eldora/boulder events

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  StreetDoc 
#1 ·
Whats up, im going to eldora for a snowboardin trip, and will be chillin in boulder over the nights. anyone got anything cool to recommend i do?

#3 ·
Rio if you like mexican (little expensive though) Get the spicy green sauce on whatever you get. Never been to mountain sun but southern sun is good so I second that. If you find yourself needing lunch one day walnut cafe is really good too. Definitely check out Pearl St.

#6 ·
If the weather is going to be around 50 degrees, go for a hike in the Flatirons. The Mallory Cave trail will get your heart pumping and it's stunning scenery. Royal Arch, 3rd Flatiron, Fern Canyon are other great hikes in the area.

Visit Eldorado Canyon State Park. Lot's of great hikes there, and it's one of the top 3 climbing mecca's in the United States. Just look up at the sunny walls and you are bound to see someone climbing up there.

Make the quick drive to Golden and take a free tour at the Coors Factory. Or if you just want to skip the tour and get to the free beer, ask for a pass for the "short tour" and go straight to the bar. I believe it's still three free beers. Blue Moon is on top there in addition to the standard Coors fair.

Go ice climbing in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Get a Colfax Hooker in Denver.

Go sled neckin' with Milo and kick him in the nutz...

#10 ·
Well, it's sport versus trad. Two completely different animals. Still it's the warmest spot around. Eldo is okay, it gets decent sun for sure. A lot of the sunny lines are more committing which can lead to mini epics.

Yellow Spur is a great route, top 5 multi pitch in Colorado almost certainly.

#11 ·
That's true, not to get too sidetracked but you can't mention Boulder without mentioning climbing. I started climbing at red river gorge which is all steep sport in sand stone. Haven't clipped bolts too much since I started trad climbing a couple years ago though, Table just doesn't really do it for me I guess, I'd much rather be on a longer route at Eldo, lumpy, or even south platte. I guess any day outside is better than being in the gym though!

#12 ·
Too be honest, with the exception of a few routes, I don't find the trad climbing to be very good in Colorado. But, that is more likely to do with the fact I came from California and got to climb on the bomber granite of Yosemite Valley. The trad climbing was just so much better out there, and still is imo. The sport climbing in Cali is not nearly as good as compared to here. Anyway, there is plenty of both to keep anyone entertained in this state for a life time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.