Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - STOKED! Rang out the New Year catchin' my 1st Air!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Sincraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Laugh ALL U want,.. Nobody can piss on my cornflakes today! (...I suppose for your first jump you "Para-boarded" off the Matterhorn?)

I made that run a dozen or so times last night,.. some were barely 3-5 inches off the ground, but some were a good 18 inches or better! And I stuck most of the landings, staying upright & riding to the bottom!

So, not too bad considering I'm 51 years old, got arthritis, can't ski, and stepped on a snowboard for the first time last Jan. 2011!!

So there!!! "neener neener"

I know the feeling man. Im 40, have arthritis in all major joints and my lower back has pretty much disintegrated to mush from years of jumping on skis and bmx racing when I was young. my local hill is very small so when they open the longer runs I was able to get back into the swing ofthings this year, and found myself hitting hillside edge jumps and feeling happy about this. Same rush I had as a kid when I was hitting jumps for the first time on skis
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote