Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - BC Avy Deaths over the holiday weekend
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Someone got busted up pretty decently in Second Creek on Berthoud Pass over the weekend. From the pics of the slide looks like they were a ridge over from Bride of Frankenstein. Not sure what that path is called, but I have no idea why you would choose an alpine line like that with the crappy snow pack structure we have. The potential for it to go big is very real as this rider learned. Sounds like he got some broken ribs and a compound fracture of his arm for his efforts. He did get to live though. Basically, anything that has snow and looks fun to ride, isn't safe right now. Even the below treeline stuff is going to have it's dangers when (if) the snow starts to fly around here. It's going to be touchy as these accidents over the weekend are proving. Time to dial it waaaay back for a good while. Especially when he snow starts to pile up. Give the pack time to adjust.

RIP to these souls we lost over the weekend.
CAIC report is up for that one:

CAIC: Colorado Avalanche Information Center