Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Coming back after three years off
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
rva

Default Coming back after three years off

Well, I am sure I will get some interesting responses to this but no matter...
Living on the ice coast, I was at a local mountain and with a bunch of my friends, had been snowboarding pretty consistently and loved it for three years before. A mix of terrible conditions and over crowded mountains on Martin Luther King day, I was going down a not too difficult black and slammed hard after catching an edge and landed on my elbow on the ice. Led to a long wait in the ski patrol while they tried to figure out what was wrong and a lady told me to go to a hospital because her son had the same symptoms and had lacerated his spleen, so I waited at a hospital for 6 hours in the e.r. and found out I had the same thing, almost cut all the way in half. Went on the to local university hospital and stayed there for a week. No pain killers for 9 hours and hurt like no other. But, after a long wait, I cannot stand it anymore. Wakeboarding made up for the urge for a while but I miss the snow. Figured this would be a semi good way to introduce myself to the forum and I am glad to be a part.
rva is offline   Reply With Quote