Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To ptex or not to ptex?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nsane1

Default To ptex or not to ptex?

Well, I seem to have gotten a couple gashes in the base of my board last time I went riding, don't know how it happened but there were two slashes that looked like what would happen if you took a sharp knife and slashed it at an angle really fast.

There was a little sliver running the length of the cut and I took a blade and shaved it off. I tried to form the gash best I could so it would be at a wide V shape instead of a sharp angle. Neither gash were a core shot, probably only 1/64 of an inch deep but now I have about a quarter inch very slight V shape groove running tip to tail. I took a green scotch brite pad and smoothed both out the best I could.

So, I just got a one ball jay wax kit that came with 3 ptex sticks. I'm wondering if I would go ahead and try to fill in these grooves or just leave them as they don't seem to be anywhere close to the core.

This being my first board and first wax kit/possible repair I firgured it would be best to consult the experts. BTW, I'm riding a GNU Carbon Credit w/ an CX 2500 extruded base. Thanks in advance.
Nsane1 is offline   Reply With Quote