Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To ptex or not to ptex?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Pow?POW!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsane1 View Post
I'm just a little skiddish about it because it's my first time. I was wondering if the ptex you use should be the same molecular weight as your base... Also, the ptex in the kit looks whitish/clear. This will be going on a white base, I was curious on how much this will stand out. As of now you can't even see it, just feel it. Also, how thick are the bases of most boards?
I feel because it is your first time now would be the perfect time to give it a try cause it is so small. I'm sure it's best also to match the weight of the ptex with your base but being such a small scratch I don't think It'll make that much of a difference. Also if its clear/white I don't think It'll be too noticeable on a white base.

Sorry I don't know much about the process of ptexing as I have never had to do it before (somehow) haha also I couldn't comment on the thickness of a snowboard base, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to help you there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(DJ music FTW)