Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Engraving a top sheet?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
EatRideSleep
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
Shouldn't be a prob for an engraver to put a number in it. Just get them go as shallow as possible but deep enough to expose (hopefully) the lighter color underneath. Engravers do this all the time with two-colour material, ie Black top surface/white base surface to route out text for plaques...

Just tell them max depth of like 1/32 or something so they know to not go too deep
Thanks, grafta; I was hoping you would chime in on this. Based on your occupation, I thought you might know the tech side of it. Thanks for the max depth measurement guideline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zk0ot View Post
ya looked like a dremel.

.... one of mervins only faults IMO. I dont see how an edge being there would make a difference. i only refferred that spot becuase it gets very little contact. As for the side walls you can be a little more strategous than right in the middle. like near the toe or heel of the binding. a bit more protected there

idk just opinions... you could even get a scribe and do it by hand in the top sheet.
The only issue I've heard about the edge not being there (and it could also be an example of Mervin's reason for NOT fully wrapping) is that a shop friend of mine told me how he is always repairing the nose of a customer's older Gnu board. But he also said she must constantly be running into shit for it to happen so often haha.

Oh okay yeah on the side wall near the toe or heel of the bindings would be a good spot.

If I use a scribe tool and do it by hand, I'll definitely have to put it under the binding. And use as few characters as possible haha.

Thanks again for the thoughts and ideas, guys!
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote