Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton EST problem
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
WolfSnow

I ride a Burton Hero too.
The first year I rode it (last year, the 2011 model), the bindings came loose alot. I permanently carried a screw driver around in my pocket. It was extremely frustrating.
I didn't want it to happen this year so I posted a question about it here, (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...anel-help.html) and I got lots of helpful answers.

I personally wasn't too keen on modifying my screws with locktite, so this year I've been taking "Nivek's" advice which was to just tighten them again once I was out in the cold weather.
So far its worked really well, when I get the opportunity after a few runs to tighten them again, I do. And sometimes the screw it a little loose, but not so that the binding is moving like it was last season. I haven't had any problems that effect my riding with it so far this year.

You also learn what will make it worse and what won't. The more tail/nose presses you do, the quicker it will loosen. Leaving the board dangling off your foot rather then using the board rest on the chair lift will also aid in loosening it.

Hope I was of some help,
-WolfSnow