Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lighter Boots....... Worth It?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXRguy View Post
i currently have sz10 k2 thraxis. recently removed the soles to make the toe box more comfortable.

what are the benefits of lighter weight boots on the mountain? i mostly just freeride.

currently looking at the ride RFL or the 32 ultralight. i have not actually tried them on yet because if i go to the shop, ill probably walk out $300 poorer, so im kinda trying justifying keeping my thraxis instead of another expense.

besides walking around the mountain, will lighter boots actually help with freeriding? noticable difference with board control?
You should get new boots. Not to get lighter ones, but cause yours clearly DON'T FIT YOU RIGHT. You took the insoles out for better fit. They actually just don't fit.

Hell most the time I have people getting thicker more supportive insoles.

Go get fitted and buy what is most comfortable, disregard weight, looks, and flex (generally, don't get a straight up park boot like Hails or the new Salomon with the giant velcro strap...). You will get more "performance" out of your bindings anyway. Boots are mostly to keep your feet warm and comfy.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote