Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Breck Trip Video

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  cjcameron11 
#1 ·
After my first trip to Breckenridge i came home and made a video from the footage i shot with my drift stealth HD. Its my first video edit and first time using iMovie, nothing crazy and not a lot of fancy shit just good fun trip with some mates. Even with little snow i loved it and will be back again (probably Feb/March so there is more snow), anyways just thought i would show y'all.
Cheers

Breckenridge Snowboarding edit - YouTube

#4 ·
Nice! I was in breck/ keystone last season and had TONS of fun. I am looking forward to going to snowmass/ aspen the last week of feb/ first of march.

How do you like your camera? I dont think ive even seen or heard of one of them before. How does that cam on a stick feature work? It looks cumbersome as shit.

#5 ·
Love the camera, the reason i got the Drift over the GoPro is cos i hate how the GoPro mounts and sticks out, the Drift is longer and slim and sits more flush on my helmet (just personal preference). The pole i have is telescopic and collapses to about 6inches so i find it easy to carry round and it is light and easy to hold up with the cam attached. If you search Drift HD and see the comparisons you can see the quality.

It takes some getting used to while boarding but is pretty easy to handle. Breck was awesome, i loved the size of the mountain and it wasn't as busy as i was expecting, the longest line i waited in was 30 mins (once) and it was the quicksilver beginner lift (was with my 5 year old). I didn't go back there again and made my lil one ride the mercury so we didn't have to wait, turns out she could do the blues anyway.

#7 ·
Wow. I've been in the hunt for a camera for a while and haven't found one I really like yet. The specs on the go pro are the only thing going for it. The damn things huge and awkward as fuck. I love the way the contour looks but the quality is shit. The gps feature is nice but unreliable and drains battery. I like the way this drift hd is looking. The 25 percent shorter than the original is nice. Shows they care and are wanting to improve.

I want to see a hero 2 vs drift hd video before I make any decisions. The 11mp on the hero 2 are hard to deny. But the drift comes with more and if it can be found on sale for around 100 dollars off it would be a clear choice. It's too high at 369 though. Way too high. Especially from the features and quality I've seen so far.

#9 ·
I want to see a hero 2 vs drift hd video before I make any decisions. The 11mp on the hero 2 are hard to deny. But the drift comes with more and if it can be found on sale for around 100 dollars off it would be a clear choice. It's too high at 369 though. Way too high. Especially from the features and quality I've seen so far.

Yeah i bought the Drift Stealth HD, not the smaller Drift HD version. The reason is the stealth takes a long life battery (the smaller one doesn't) so between the 2 batteries i got with it i have about 8 hrs of filming time at 720 and about 6 at 1080 i believe but could be wrong about that.

I loved the drifts LCD screen so you can watch what you just filmed and play with the angles, and as previously mentioned i like it being slimmer than the GoPro. Im sure they both are great and both shoot high quality vids, i just went with the drift for above reasons.

I picked mine up off ebay with an long life battery and a 16gb class 10 sd card and a telescopic pole for about $230.

#8 ·
Yeah i agree the field of view is way better when pole mounted, the one thing i should have don was buy a longer telescopic camera pole (cos i like it to fit in a pocket or backpack). As i said first time using it so i need to adjust how i angle it and how i use it while riding.

#15 ·
I'll work on putting some more of that run up, it was actually on peak 7 just under the lift, the deep stuff only lasted about 45 seconds but it was really fun as it was full of bumps and shit to jump off.

And nothing happened to my mitts I actually had one dangling from its cinch cord and was answering the phone at the end when I fell, kinda looks funny I know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.