Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Lib Tech Birdman 180
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Memphis Hawk

Okay, I had this thing out for a couple of days now in straight knee deep or higher pow and it flat out ripped. I think part of my earlier problem was the adjustment period to such a long and wide board, but as that wore off it really shined. Control input was met quickly with a response and I never found myself losing control of what I wanted to do at ANY speed. I hit 35 degree slopes and went straight down them with no feeling of looseness or jitteryness. I did get quite a bit of audible chatter from the front at high speed on a rough surface though, which to some degree is unsettling. I moved the bindings (now Burton Diodes) up a notch to take better advantage of the side it and I have to say that livened up the board more than anything. Just because it's designed to have a big nose doesn't mean you have to take it to the extremes. The finish of the board is holding up to a beating and I still get looks
And compliments. It think it's a board I could go on and on about, but essentially if you need a low board and don't want a fish, get this and be very happy.
Memphis Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote