Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Epic Bandanna / Face MaskThread

445K views 732 replies 254 participants last post by  smellysell 
#1 · (Edited)
There is this little store near my house that sells all kinds of cartoon stuff. They had a Punisher mask in the window the other day. I almost always rock a face mask when on the trails. Hence, I thought this would make for some end of the season fun/kookiness at the local mountain. Below are few pics from the lodge. I got some of the best looks from skiier mom's and their little kids. :D

See less See more
#596 ·
NEW AVALON7 Facemasks for 2012!

Hey yo. I just got a bunch of new designs in for AVALON7, with more coming December 10th...

The Heavybreather is back in stock if anyone is still looking. :)

I'm super stoked on the new Astro Tshield tube design by Mike Parillo (Travis Rice's board graphic designer). It is super sick.

Have a great season everyone!:cheeky4:

Rob Kingwill, AVALON7
THE AVALON7 COLLECTIVE: WE ARE FUTUREPOSITIV.

#527 ·
Pretty much all the Level7 series stuff is new this fall- 15 brand new designs that dropped 2 weeks ago. The standard designs like the Cascade and the Ascender stay the same year to year, although I do change up the colors sometimes. Level7 series products usually stays around until we sell through the 300 pieces, or until I get bored of them. If you click through to the actual online store you can see all the other designs that are available. We currently have 26 different bandaril designs available. Cheers! RK AVALON7 SNOWBOARDING SKIING SKATEBOARDING COMMUNITY! BANDARILS, BANDANAS, FACEMASKS, ART, HATS, HOODIES, TSHIRTS YEAH!

#536 ·
I bought this balaclava locally because it had some great reviews on Amazon. Doesn't work for me with goggles and helmet... the l/xl mashes my nose when I have the face part in place and it is hard to breath through. Might just be too small with my hair I don't know. Also it ices up really fast.

Ordering a mandana now, to use with the balaclava.

#544 ·
Got this.

Really breathable and sooo warm. The top is really loose when I wear it over the nose though. Might have a small head, but it doesn't matter anyway because I where a hat. Gonna try it out on the slops on Friday. I'll let you all know.

#545 ·
So I bought an Airhole ninja mask, the kind that has a tie in the back, for my b/f. He hated it so I tried it. It is really thin, but it worked really well for creating a seal under the goggles without fogging (due to the hole I presume). However it got wet fast and froze solid.

So far my favorite mask is the one I got for free from Freesnowboarding (on etsy). I think I will copy it and make a few like that myself, it's the perfect size and really soft, I just don't like the colour.

Balaclavas are dead to me, just uncomfortable with a helmet.

#551 ·
Ya I saw that on another site, can't help but think it would be uncomfortable but I bet you'd get a ton of attention.

I saw something similar in Walmart, in the hunting section. It was a mask with what looked like copper wool in the mouth piece area. Weird shit. I almost wanted to buy it as a novelty but it was like 50 bux.

#560 ·
Well, I finally went snowboarding today and wore my Beardski. I'm definitely impressed with it. It's easy to breathe, doesn't fog my goggles, stays put and it's very warm. It's the best face mask I've had so far. It also lets people know that I have class. Get one! It's pretty fun. Here's mine.

#559 ·
Just so you guys know, that Stoic Merino is the real deal. Wore it the other day in -6 F weather with full snowmaking under the goggles. My hair froze to my goggles, but they didn't fog. The only time to be careful is when sickpow said. Bending over to strap in can fog them sometimes.

#561 ·
Has anyone tried the Burton lightweight facemask? It seems like it has some nice features like the elastic loops that go over your ears similar to the Ride Qi. It also has a flap that opens up right underneath the chin which may help with breathing and moisture.

First Layer Lightweight Facemask | Burton Snowboards

For $27 it isn't cheap, but still not as pricey as some of the other options mentioned in this thread.

#562 ·
I was pretty excited about Buffs, but after real use, they're only good for mild weather conditions. They collect vapour well and freezes up quickly on very cold days. Even worse, they channel that vapour up to my goggles if my nose is under it. I had to go indoors and wipe down the inside of my goggles last weekend at -25C.

Need new options that won't leave my nose in the cold. Balaclavas or airholes might be next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.