Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: Arbor Blacklist 154
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
casper3043

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktrin View Post
bummer. last blacklist 154 i could find online looks like it just sold. don't suppose anyone has any leads?
ROFL...i might have bought the last one a few days ago.

just got home from keystone and rode my new setup. 154 arbor blacklist and raiden zero bindings. the blacklist definitely lives up to its high reviews. i was a little suspect to the reviews, but a lot of its spot on. The "grip-tech" is in the right places when you need it. i was mainly riding groomers and this thing can sure hold an edge. being that it's a mid-wide, i was worried the board wouldn't be as easy to flick as I have a size 9 boot, but I didn't even notice the difference. this board can handle the entire mountain with ease. the only thing i can point out is that the board can probably benefit from more "grip-tech." i had an instance where just the 2 grooves were catching on some hard pack/ice terrain and it wasn't enough to hold up.

pretty happy with this setup...

i also just swapped out my union force's for raiden zero's. although the force's were a 100+ day, stiffer binding than the zero's, i really liked these things. The straps come off with one quick swipe on the slopes. the ratchets are bad ass, big step up over unions. The toes strap on the raidens has a thong looking thing which holds your toe better than anything union has made. I really didn't like the base plate screw. It's annoying to get out and put back in. I thought these would be too soft for all mountain/park, but they held up on runs.
casper3043 is offline   Reply With Quote