Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

I guess I really AM a NooB!! AKA, Thrashed by a,.. WTF??!

5K views 49 replies 26 participants last post by  Toecutter 
#1 · (Edited)
I was @ Pine Knob yesterday and on one run near the bottom, I got taken out & clocked from behind!

I sat up, ready to go OFF on whoever it was, and was completely floored at what I saw!! There's this 2-3 year old girl sitting in the snow starin' at me!

Now I'm no speed demon yet, but I wasn't crawlin along at eight or nine mph either. So she musta been "Flyin'" down the hill behind me! 10 sec. later Dad snowboards into view, & he & I are trying to figure out if she's hurt or not. (she wasn't BTW. Thank goodness.) Then the ski patrol arrives, and after a few minutes of chit chat I realize,.. "They're" under the impression that "I" ran her down!!!!

It never got hostile or "Agro" or anything, but I promptly informed this woman that "She" hit Me from behind, (...got it on video BTW) and that I'm NOT such a dirt bag that I wouldn't eat snow first, before I would PLOW over at speed, a 2 year old kid that weighs one tenth what I do!!! After a bit, I quietly mentioned to the ski patrol, that if she's good enough to ski that fast, that far ahead of her father,.. that maybe they should suggest to dad that "this" would be a good time to teach her about "Downhill" has right of way!

It seems pretty funny now, especially since she wasn't hurt! ...but it really did surprise me!

OK,.. Here's the vid;

Thrashed by Toddler - YouTube

See less See more
#5 ·
When you see the video, it's a little scary. She goes sailing past me with only one ski left on. It's really lucky she didn't get hurt! Me either for that matter. Although the way my rear end feels today, I'm fairly certain she bounced her helmet off it!

Good thing for the both of us "I" got a fat A#&! ;)

#12 ·
Holy shit that's funny! All of a sudden like waist high pink 1 piece with only 1 foot in goes sailing past you. I'm not sure what's worse, a little kid going fast and out of control down a mountain, or when I see them snow plowing or having a yard sale on a steeper part of an intermediate run. If they can't stop and can't carve then why on Earth do people allow their kids to go down anything other than a beginner slope?

#13 ·
Haha sorry to see that, but you got bumrushed by a little girl.

It's OK man, it happens to the best of us. One time, we were getting off of the lift, and my friend stepped on my board with his free leg instead of his. It didn't end pretty, I was just glad to walk away without an injury.

We had a good laugh afterward, but I did warn him to sit on the opposite end of the lift chair next time. And we are to never ride on those smaller, two-person lift chairs ever again.

#19 ·
About 6 years ago, I was walking along the base at Mountain High when I heard screaming. It got louder very quickly; I look up the slope and see a ~12 year old boy on skis coming towards me with incredible speed. In the second of time I had to react, I jump back, narrowly missing him. Unfortunately, I was walking next to a wooden fence, and the kid slammed directly into it. He flipped over and landed on the other side. Judging by the level of his screams and how fast he was going, there isn't a doubt in my mind that he broke something(s). Probably the hip and a leg.

#20 ·
One time there was this 5 year-old boy at Winter Park who was messing around on rental skis just before taking his first lesson ever. He started sliding down the slope, gaining speed without the slightest idea of how to turn, slow, or stop. He went careening down to the end of the snow and got jettisoned into the parking lot, his mom in her casual shoes screaming and running after him.

Me, 1972.

#30 ·
I was in the exact opposite position yesterday. Flying down the hill in a manuel. Im on the extreme left side of the run. Shes on the right side. As im blasting down figuring ill be safe passing by her with the postions we were in, she decides to start turning left. I'm thinking ill be good, " it is not like she'll cut back the entire width...." So I kept the manuel up. Needless to say I see that gap closing faster and faster. Realize if i dont fall down theres a very good possiblity I'd kill her(shes standing like 3-4ft tall). FUCKED my lower back and tail bone and blew out my shoulder. FUCK!

Nothing I can do but laugh bout it though, shit happens.

Better than a homicide charge. And my seasons still good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.