Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

#2,416 ·
Hello my name is Zachary and I'm a 15 year old snowboarder. :)

I come from the Vancouver area and ride mostly Grouse, Cypress and Whistler.
I started snowboarding in grade 5 and loved it ever since.
Hopefully you will see me around here more as I am starting to be very fond of this website

#2,419 ·
43 year old from Western Mass. Skied all my life, took a hiatus about 7 years back. When my son turned 9 I decided to start him on a board. I always wanted to try but even in my 20s thought it'd be too hard a transition.

Came here a while ago looking for advice for him, but got the bug after seeing a few success stories from people my age. I think from my first post some people sas I had an itch that needed scratching.

Sunday was my first time out, then Thursday, and by yesterday was managing the whole mountain (granted its just the Berkshires) and keeping up with my son. In fact him seeing me not on skis and doing the same thing as him has been great at pushing him to improve. Yesterday was a great day.

#2,420 ·
hello everyone !

im canadian from quebec ! (so i write and talk in french most of the time so this will explain my intermediate english) i have 20 year old start skiing was 4 year old to mebaby 17 year old then swicht to snowboard !! and never go back skiing a this time ! too much fun on a board !
after a full day of fun at the local hill with my family we go taking a walk with the dog and guess ? i do the walk with my snowboard !! (i think im too addict :yahoo: )

learn by a monitor who also friend so i have my lesson for free !

my setup is
board : ride snowboard control series 2008 158 cm
binding : flow (rear entrance) :D
boot : salomon defcon 10 us

#2,422 ·
Hey people,
My name is Bob. 18 years old and currently living in Holland.
I'm Dutch/English.

I started my experience on the snow with skiing. The season after
that I decided to go snowboarding. I've been snowboarding for
about 7 years. Due to the lack of mountains and snow in
Holland I go to an indoor hall at least twice a month. Every
season I head to Saas Fee, Switzerland for a week or two.

This summer I'm heading to New Zealand to go shred :yahoo:

My current setup:
Lib-Tech T.Rice Pro 153
Burton Cartel
Burton Imperial

#2,423 ·
Hi everyone!

My name is Natalie. I live in milwaukee, wisconsin I'm 22 and iv been riding for 13 years. I go about 30-40 times per year but don't know too many people who will ride with me that much haha, so if your in the milwaukee area and ride alpine, little swiss, Tyrol, granite peak, etc I'd love to meet you! :)

Iv recently gotten into park. Basic stuff, straight airs, grabs, boxes, flat rails. But I have the most fun charging and carving, the park scene helps with my Midwest boredom :p

My current setups are lib tech TRS, flow prima and gnu park pickle, flow minx-se. Looking to get a burton feelgood for next year. I also ski, wakeboard and skateboard

#2,424 ·
Hello, to all: f00bar, Black_dragon, tony_the_homie, BeastRz, and natalie!

Black_dragon, bonjour! J'etude Francais pour trois ans en ecole. Ma Francais es mal, mais j'essaye! J'ai desire a essayer le downhill skiing. Peut-être next winter. Je vais visite France en un annee, so je practice ma Francais! :)

#2,425 ·
Black_dragon, bonjour! J'etude Francais pour trois ans en ecole. Ma Francais es mal, mais j'essaye! J'ai desire a essayer le downhill skiing. Peut-être next winter. Je vais visite France en un annee, so je practice ma Francais! :)
Had a year or two(?) of French in high school...I'm amazed I understood most of that! Never paid attention in class. Apparently some part of my brain did haha. That or I'm a genius.

Btw...sneaky 4th sentence statement on a snowboard forum :giggle:

Also, nice of you to be on top of this thread welcoming everyone. The rest of us are slackers.

#2,429 ·
Hey all, my name is Eric and I live in Colorado.

Started boarding over 25 years ago and took a 10 year hiatus. I'm 42 and I have a 13 year old daughter who I just introduced to the sport.

Great excuse to get me back on the mountain and my daughter has fell completely in love with it.

Glad to be back.

#2,432 ·
Hello! Name is Jason, 38 yrs old from NJ, decided to take the kids snowboarding this year towards the end of the season and all I have is one word " OBSESSED "! That goes for all of us. First time out fell for the first 2 hrs then started getting the hang of it, by the end of the day went down a blue dot trail! Since that day we've been out 3 other times ( once solo, all by myself).
Is it next winter yet?

#2,458 ·
Hi everyone!

New to the forum but not new to the game. I'm 52 yo and have been riding for the past 35 years. I get 50 to 100 days out of a season, most of these around the province of Quebec (Canada), where I live. I mostly ride pow and groomers with a heavily carve influenced style, so no parks for me (being old and fat with bad knees is a bad combo :) ). I am a big guy (very very heavy) so I ride big boards (160cm to 185cm), stiff boots (Burton Driver X) and stiff bindings (Ride El Hefe).

I have been lucky enough to be involved with the design and testing of a few boards during the nineties with a couple of different local manufacturers. Being the shaper/designer and co-owner of a small skateboard/longboard company (my summer passion for the past 40 years), it was only a matter of time for us to start a snowboard division. We did so and I have been riding our boards for the past two seasons.

Looking forward to be part of the community and get involved in the forum. Hope to make some new friends and maybe, who knows, reconnect with some old ones.

#2,461 ·
greetings

Hi one and all.. just a quick intro. I'm a newbie, but been boarding 12/13 years. Learned to ride while living in Seoul, South Korea as an English teacher but am from the uk originally and back here now.. as a result of living in seoul I learned to ride on ice and slush depending on altitude and time of year! Not quite the conditions you get in Japan..

Currently riding an old Salomon Fastback 164 that I am looking to swap for something that will help me progress..

Good to be here.

#2,463 ·
Hola,

im 17 years old, from Portsmouth UK. I ride for about 2 weeks a year with my family, and in my gap year (15/16 season) im planning on doing a season in a resort in the alps (thinking meribel/val thorens at the moment) doing slave labour for a free ski pass and bed to pass out in :eek:ccasion14: I enjoy longboarding with a couple of mates, and the thought of moving to somewhere in the USA (near a mountain) has been at the back of my mind for a while, but i havent really given it much practical thought, but the idea of getting 50 days+ a season instead of 12 or 13 makes me stupidly happy

#2,464 ·
Hey :)

Hey everyone!
Originally from Russia, I started skiing when I was 8, but switched to snowboarding when I was 10 (because it is way cooler duh). Unfortunately, because I went to high school in Brighton, UK, past 4 years I snowboarded for only few day per year :(
However, now I live in California because of college (and partly because I can snowboard here haha), so back into the game!
Rode on Burton Feather since 2008 (or 09?), and although it's still surprisingly ok on a groomed snow (what I mostly got in St.Perersurg, Russia), this season upgraded to GNU B-Pro c3btx in order to bomb those black and double diamond slopes in Mammoth and to keep up with my skiers friends. Also looking for a cheap jibbing deck to crash! Hopefully I will decide on which one before the spring sale finishes :D
I'm very excited to learn more about snowboarding and do be part of this community! :yahoo:

#2,466 ·
New to the forum, have posted before on another forum in Australia. Thought I would join up to get some advice on a trip we are planning for the end for the year. I posted a thread about it in the travel section.
A bit about me, mid 20's male from Australia, only been snowboarding for about 5 years, only about 50 days max on snow though, so expensive here in oz. this will be my first time back on the board after a knee injury early last year, managed 5 days on a blown ACL.
Keen to test it out on some US slopes at the end of the year!