Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Falconry
Thread: Falconry
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Bayoh

Super cool hobby! I've only seen a demonstration once, but wow was it impressive.

And this reminds me of a lil story that happened to my dad a while ago.

He said he was just tending to the garden in the backyard when all of a sudden a bunch of doves that were sitting on the wall in front of him just freaked and starting bolting in different directions. Seconds later he hears a LOUD crack and before he can react one of the doves just goes flying into his shoulder. He just stands there staring at the dove which is squirming on the ground wondering what the hell just happened.

Then all of a sudden a large hawk calmly just swoops in and perches on the wall staring at him. This is when he realizes what just happened. The doves saw the hawk coming in, tried to escape, and the hawk came screaming down from the sky smacking one so hard that it knocked it out cold and barreled straight into my dad's shoulder.

He slowly backs away from the dove that's still just wiggling on the ground. He gets like 15yrds away from it before the hawk hops down, picks up the dove, and flies away with it.

Crazy story that I almost didn't believe, but there were a ton of feathers left in the backyard from the bird impact.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote