Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #701 (permalink)
MeanJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Great input MeanJoe. You hit the nail on the head with your comment about the edges. I really think that bite is inherent with the NS RC design. It's why I love it. You don't get that bite until you engage that edge.

One thing I do when I'm carving on the Proto: I spring out the edge I'm on. Snowolf would explain this in much greater detail. It's like you're pushing off the edge you are on into the other edge. This also makes you gain speed. It's a technique I learned on cambered boards.
Thanks, I have been on NS R&C since 2009 with my NS SL-R so for me specifically I don't think it was so much due to the R&C but I can see how it'd be new to a rocker-only or camber-only rider. I really think it was the combination of a longer board (155 vs. 157) and the longer effective edge on the ProtoCT due to the blunt tips and new geometry. I really should have clarified in my first post that my comments on the edge hold and turn initiation were not meant as a negative about the board. Quite the opposite in fact. It was just that the first few runs really required that I adapt my riding from the directional twin and effective edge of the NS SL to the true-twin and longer size/edge of the ProtoCT.

Can't wait until this weekend when I'll get two days of riding in to really start pushing the board!

MeanJoe
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote