Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How small should you go if your a short park rat?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
NYHC

Default How small should you go if your a short park rat?

I am a short guy 5'6" about 155 lbs, size 7.5 boot. Im riding a 152 right now but it feels HUGE! I used to have a smaller board and its pretty hard to adjust to this board even though several board shops swore that this is the right size for me and I could go even bigger if I want. It stands a little above my nose and it seems like I should be on a smaller board. I know the board size charts go primarily by weight but I also heard that your board is supposed to go up to about your chin. Mine goes up to my nose. When I call board shops and look at the sizing charts online, they usually say that I should get a board EVEN BIGGER, like a 155 or 157. Are they always accurate for every rider and situation?

Its just that this 152 board seems like such a monster. Maybe I just need to adjust cause I rode on that small board for a few years.

Are there any park rats out there that are my size and if so, what size board do you like for park, rails, boxes, kickers? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!
NYHC is offline   Reply With Quote