Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - progression is a work in progress
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
tlake2568

Default progression is a work in progress

Hey guys,
Since my last post, I definitely have started to get a better feel of the board on the mountain. I can feel and almost predict what the board is doing/going to do, which is a long way from my first attempt. I definitely feel that I have progressed because sideslipping both heel and toe sides is starting to feel natural (more comfortable heelside, but I think that's just human nature. I can transverse toe and heel side as well, and garlands are starting to get longer and wider.

Just this past weekend, I was garlanding to toe side, and I couldnt get it down. It wasnt until a fellow boarder who was just messing around did a nice toe side that I realized what I was doing wrong. I instantly got right up, sideslipped heelside, garlanded to a toe side and bam edge caught and I was off to the races. Almost naturally, I linked a turn to heelside and did my first linked turn! I was so happy after I finally linked it that I went straight to the top and rode down with my newly found confidence.

/endstory

Anyway, to get to my point, the only way to get better, is to just do it. The "fear" will eventually dissipate as you get more comfortable on the snow (read ICE if your in jersey like I am).

Even though I already gave props, I still have to give a huge shoutout to Snowolf. Those videos are gold for someone trying to hone there skills.
tlake2568 is offline   Reply With Quote